Games outfit silliness

 Outfit posts aren't my strong point, probably because I wear the same things over and over and, to be honest, I'm not very confident about how I look right now. However, there's been lots of games-related tat ending up on the free stuff desk in the office this week, as we're refurbing and so all the magazines are having a clear-out. Next week we move up one floor to shiny newly-decorated offices, so all the tat must go. And because I've been feeling silly, I've been wearing it for Instagram photos.
It all started with a Megaman helmet, which no-one else could get on. I'd thought my stupidly small head had only one advantage, namely being able to fit into vintage hats. (The down side is, I can't buy hats on the high street as they're all too large.) But no, there was another advantage, in that I was the only person in the office who could wear the Megaman helmet. My friend Mi Mi said I should keep it, but I don't have room for it at home, so back on the tat pile it went. Someone with small children must have liked it, because it's gone now.

Next was the Mario cat hat and mittens, as seen at the top of the page. I've decided to keep those; they're not very big and might come in handy for photo shoots.
Finally, there was the Pikmin onesie. Who doesn't want to be a Pikmin, eh? This was actually a sod to photograph, as the white flower bud on top of my head simply didn't want to be photographed. The white wall behind my desk was no good, so I tried moving to the blue wall in the stairwell - that's an Elvis quote there - but the bud still disappeared. I was kind of tempted to keep this one for ponking around at home in, but again, I don't really have room, and it's a bit too silly.
It hasn't all been complete tat. I did pick up this trio of republished vintage crime novels this morning. WIN. Not sure which mag would have dumped them, as they're not relevant to any of the ones on this floor - perhaps someone had done a bit of freelancing for Crime Scene. When I've read them, I'll let you know if they're any good.

I've got next week off, and Mr Robot are planning to do things like finish the living room floor and paint the kitchen. Hopefully there will be room for fun too - and I hope you're having fun times too.

Comments

  1. I hope all the goodies/tat have found new homes! Very interested to hear what the novels are like. I still have those ones here for you so we must do another meet up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any books that went unclaimed were going to the Oxfam bookshop, but I think a lot of other tat was going in a skip. There was a lot of stuff I really couldn't see anyone wanting - mag people are such hoarders. Broken model of Sonic the Hedgehog? No good to anyone. I did scav some good bits and give them to my mag's readers on Twitter.

      Delete
  2. very cute plimkin I have a totorro onesie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up putting the Pikmin back. It probably would only have ended up in a heap near the laundry basket.

      Totoro onesie, on the other hand, sounds excellent.

      Delete
  3. Wow freebies! I love the hat and mittens. The book covers are lovely; I hope the books are good, too. Have a great week off and make sure you have some fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed it so far :-) My workload doubled - literally - earlier this year, so I've needed the week off. I'll manage the work, it's just a lot to adapt to.

      Delete
  4. My favourite definitely is the one with the helmet. Those vintage crime novels look quite interesting. Hope they're as good as their covers promise them to be ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently one was controversial for its sexism (in the 1920s!) and scenes of spanking, so never got republished. Not sure if I shouldn't have left that one on the shelf...

      Delete
  5. What mad tat and brilliantly modeled, too. I particularly like that helmet, perfect for a bad hair day.
    Those novels look right up your street. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pounced on the novels. There are advantages to getting in an hour early some days.

      I'm better at mad modelling than the sensible stuff. My burlesque teacher always said I should do comedy burlesque... Certainly the more stupidity I put into my work photos, the better the result.

      Delete
  6. I have found these photos on Instagram so entertaining! Your expressions are the best. Good luck with all your housey tasks. I have a week off at the end of the month, earmarked for fun! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe the way I gurn for my in-magazine photos. I should ask Milf the Art Ed if I can nab a couple of the spares to put up here. We have to stand in the photo studio and pull all sorts of faces - scared, angry, pouty, sad, laughing... Reviews Ed Jen is painfully photogenic; silent film lost a star there!

      Delete
  7. What a great hat and gloves in the first pic. You look fab. I have the exact opposite problem to you in that I can't get vintage hats big enough for my enormous head. Those books are a bit of a win. I hope that they are good. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free books are always good. At worst they'll go to the charity shop. (My husband pointed out that we're supposed to be clearing books out, not getting more, but my response is always "You'll be glad of these when the zombie apocalypse happens and your Kindle no longer works."

      Delete
  8. I always like seeing your lovely self on your blog, but I understand about confidence stopping you. I don't have many outfit posts myself, because I do wear the same things often and my self esteem isn't the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting so fed up of my weight. I try not to witter on about it too much, but it keeps going up and up... Still, brighter days are here now, so hopefully I'll be able to go for lots of lovely morning walks. And then I'll feel happier in my clothes.

      Delete
  9. Well, I think the megaman helmet was a keeper!
    I'd keep those crime novels just to frame the fabulous covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're hardbacks, so they're a bit tough to frame. I shall see if they're any good. As they're repro, if I don't like them, they can go to a chazza once I've read them. I don't have shelf space for chunky crappy books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts