Keeping my New Year's resolution

Just a quickie post to prove I am sticking to my 2012 resolution to buy more buttons. I found a lovely seller called Buttonfinder on Etsy, and she's got loads of really nice vintage glass buttons for sale.

These are all about a centimetre across. I've got three of the cream and gold, six of the green, four of the blue cherries and eight of the black embossed ones. The embossed ones have a berry-and-leaf pattern on so they'll be perfect for my black Kasha when I finally get round to knitting it. Buttonfinder has more of both the green and cream (and versions of the cream in other colours). I did buy the cherry buttons to go in a swap parcel, but then I found something more suited to my partner elsewhere so bought that and shall keep the cherries for myself. I don't know why I like them, I'm not at all a 'cute' person, but they are very appealing.

Anyway, I really need to stay off Etsy for a bit as it is horribly addictive, and while one or two orders are inexpensive, it could become a serious habit if I don't watch out! It's like having all my favourite things in one place. I'll set myself a mini-mission of buying my next lot of vintage buttons NOT on the internet...

Comments

  1. Pretty! Web shopping is addictive, I have to stay off it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, great finds! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glass buttons, these are beautiful the cherry ones are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about buttons that is so appealing? and thanks for the advice on The Knitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts