Merry Christmas!

I thought I'd share a couple of festive images from the December 1954 issue of Stitchcraft with you as I have had a stinker of a cold for three days and haven't been up to doing or writing much constructive. (Day job took all my energy, blogging fell by the wayside!) Luckily I'm not cooking for several days. We're off to the mechanical mother-in-law for turkey and trimmings tomorrow, then a day after Boxing Day Mr Robot will be doing goose terrine followed by roast goose (two Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstall recipes that have become firm favourites; we also confit the legs to eat around Easter). Goose is followed by my definitely-not-for-kids apricot trifle - none of that jelly nonsense and lots of brandy. Mr R is insisting on putting multicoloured hundreds and thousands on top this year, the heathen.

So, have a good one, and I hope Father Christmas brings you all the things you need and some of what you want, and that all the recipients of the gifts you've bought make appropriate delighted squealing sounds on unwrapping them. And I hope that your food is as tasty as ours is going to be!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts